1. High molecular weight polyethylene
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene is an engineering plastic with impact resistance, abrasion resistance, good self-lubricating properties and excellent low-temperature properties.
2. the characteristics of high molecular weight polyethylene
(1) Wear resistance, strong resistance to sliding friction. The wear resistance of UHMWPE pipes is 4-7 times higher than that of ordinary steel pipes and 27.3 times that of stainless steel. It is 17.9 times that of phenolic resin, 6 times that of nylon 6 and 4 times that of polyethylene. The average annual wear rate is 0.58 mm, which improves the service life of the pipeline.
(2) Impact resistance. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene has the highest impact toughness value among the existing engineering plastics, and its impact strength is more than 10 times that of PE100 at room temperature. As the ambient temperature decreases, its impact resistance becomes stronger.
(3) Corrosion resistance, resistant to most corrosive media and organic solvents. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene can be used in concentrated hydrochloric acid with a concentration of less than 80%. It can be used in sulfuric acid with a concentration of less than 75% and a concentration of less than 20%. The performance in nitric acid is quite stable.
(4) Self-lubricating, self-lubricating performance is better than oil-lubricated steel or brass. In places with harsh environment, dust and sand, UHMWPE pipes have better dry lubrication performance. It can move freely and protect the related parts from wear or strain. The friction coefficient is only 0.07~0.12, which is 1/5 of ordinary PE, 1/6 of new steel pipe, and 1/20 of rubber.
(5) Non-toxic, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene material is a nationally certified environmental protection material, non-toxic, tasteless, anti-fouling and anti-moth new thermoplastic engineering plastic.
(6) Low temperature resistance, anti-aging, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene pipe can work at a temperature of -269°C to 80°C for a long time. Because there are few unsaturated molecular groups in the molecular chain, the molecular weight is large, the stability is high, and the aging speed is high. Particularly slow, and the service life is prolonged.
(7) The surface is non-adhesive and non-scaling. UHMWPE pipe has non-adhesive surface due to its small friction coefficient and non-polarity.
(8) The best resistance to cracking, the UHMWPE pipe has been proved by tensile test that it has an elongation of 100~300%, and can maintain a certain degree of bending stress even when subjected to huge external pressure and internal pressure. Deform without breaking.
Post time: Aug-17-2021